ECHO is supportive of individual choice and independence. We believe in working in partnership with our clients to facilitate individualised care plans to maximise potential and achieve identified goals in order to live independently at home.
At ECHO we are driven by our values.
ECHO strives for excellence in its provision of outcome-focused services. Our staff and volunteers work with compassion alongside individuals to facilitate independence. ECHO is committed to honesty, promoting transparency and co-creating plans that support individuals in their journey to realise their goals and dreams. ECHO’s reliable and compassionate care enhances client’s opportunity to build independence and encourage inclusion and community participation.
ECHO is a registered NDIS provider. NDIS is an insurance scheme provided by the Australian Government to deliver individualised funding to people living with a disability. Its purpose is to ensure that all Australians are able to maximise their potential, achieve their goals and live the best life possible.
NDIS provides funding directly to the individual, giving people choice and control of their funds, leading to more flexible and tailored support and better outcomes.
How does NDIS work?
NDIS will meet with you to establish your support needs and understand your goals for the year ahead and work with you to develop a plan.
To be eligible for NDIS you must be:
- under the age of 65. At ECHO we support people from 18 years onward
- an Australian citizen or permanent residence
- use special equipment or receive support from another person due to your disability
- need support now to reduce future support needs
- ECHO prices for service are set by the NDIS.
- ECHO implements new pricing for services when the new Price Guides are released by the NDIS.
- ECHO charges TTP prices (Temporary Transformation Payment – The TTP is a charge on top of the base rate price limit for attendant care and community and centre-based activities. The Temporary Transformation Payment (TTP) is an additional cost providers can charge as they continue to transition to working under the NDIS.
- More information about the NDIS can be found on their website
- Additional information regarding the price guide can be found by clicking the following links:
Why choose ECHO?
- We hear what you say
At ECHO we start by listening. We want to get to know you in order to understand what you want from your service provider. Our Relationship Advisor or Client Advisor will meet with you to chat about your goals and dreams and how we can support you as well as assist you in navigating the NDIS.
- Shared partnership of supports
At ECHO we work with you to design the personal support you and your family need around the services we can provide in order to create an individualised plan. A service agreement is put in place outlining the client’s rights and responsibilities as well as ECHO’s rights and responsibilities to ensure you are involved and have choice and control.
- Getting started
Our experienced team will organise everything needed to put your plan into place. We roster the supports you want and check to see that staff understand your goals and how to support you to achieve them.
- Review and support
At ECHO we keep talking to you and listening to what you want. We are ready to change your services when needed or as goals are met. If you want to change things, it’s no problem. We totally understand that everyone’s lives change from time to time, and your supports need to be flexible. Additionally, we can support you with any reports you may need for you NDIS plan review.
ECHO’s services and support that enable you to live your independent life.
At ECHO we can support you through our Life Skills services which are designed to empower you to achieve your goals and dreams by helping support your independence. These include:
- Domestic assistance: support to keep your home clean and tidy, for daily life wellbeing and to help you maintain your tenancy including cleaning bathrooms, toilets, cleaning wiping and sweep, wash up, make a bed, taking care of clothes, washing, ironing, folding and hanging.
- Meal preparation: support in planning the meals, budgeting, shopping, cooking, cooking techniques and general safety in the kitchen.
- Independent living skills: support withhow to manage money, pay bills, use a calendar and book appointments, and join clubs or activities.
- Personal care: support withshowering, hair washing, toileting, using personal equipment, pressure stockings.
- Gardening and yard maintenance: support to maintain the garden and yard including basic household jobs such as changing lightbulbs, lawn mowing, cleaning pathways, general tidy up. Assistance can be provided for small repairs on a case by case basis.
- Medication prompt: support to take medication at the correct time daily.
- Transport: support with how to use public transport. We can also help with transports to appointments, meetings and activities using your NDIS transport allowance or we can invoice for the service.
- Group activities: our groups deliver a range of programs including activities such as music, bingo, arts and crafts and outings into the community.
- Individual social support: Support to access activities of your choice in your community for your overall wellbeing activities including swimming, physical activities like visiting the gym, music and dance groups, arts and craft groups.
- Others service requests will be discussed and reviewed with a Client Advisor.
To find out more information about our NDIS program please contact the ECHO office at 08 9271 7011 and ask to speak to our NDIS Client Advisor.